Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Charm

I am super excited for my first project as a Design Team Member for Sakura Craft!!  I am loving using these products, and I couldn't wait to get started working with these Jewelry Findings.  There are so many great things you can do with them!  It was hard to decide where to start!
I love fairies, and spring always makes me think of fairies, so I decided to do some fairy inspired pendants with paper collage.  Here's what I did.
 Using scraps, stickers and odds and ends I had in my stash, I created a collage.  I have seen other designers use glitter in the jewelry findings and loved the effect, so I thought I would try some rhinestones, pearls and sequins.  Just arrange the collage how you want it inside the jewelry finding, you can glue then down if you like, but you don't need to.  I sprinkled just a tiny bit of iridescent glitter once I had it the way I liked it.


Next, cover everything with Crystal Lacquer to the rim of the jewelry finding, then put them aside and be patient.  They will look very murky, that's fine, it will dry clear.


Next I made some fun baubles for the charms to add some fairylike charm to the charms. ;-)  I simply strung beads I had on wire to create baubles.  Once the jewelry findings collages were dry I strung the baubles and the findings on to a jump ring and, and strung them on silver chains...

VOILA!!!
Hope you have fun playing with these fabulous findings like I did!!  For more great products and inspiration check out these sites~   

~Chelsea

4 comments: