Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Tag

For this tag I decided to use the Metallic Crystal Color Lacquer as a glaze.
To make the charm, I simply used some springy rose stickers I had and arranged them inside the Jewelry Finding, filled it with Crystal Lacquer and set aside to dry.  
I used the metallic blue Lacquer on the Acrylic S (Heidi Swapp Ghost Letter), by spreading it with my finger.  I added some dots in silver for detail, and set that aside to dry.  I distressed the edges of a plain white tag with Distress Inks in Spun Sugar, Bundled Sage, and Broken China.  Next I stamped the Fairy Swing stamp (Crafty Secrets) in black ink, and wrote "pring" for the word Spring at the top.  It's important to make sure you do all your ink stuff first, before you move to the next step.  
I applied gold, silver and pink Metallic Color Lacquer again with my finger as a glaze coating to add shimmer and texture.  It dries fairly quickly because it's so thin, so you can layer them over each other as you go, and it adds a neat effect.
Next I filled in spots on the fairy image with green, pink and blue Metallic Color Lacquer.  I adhered the S using Crystal Lacquer and filled the images of just the fairies with Crystal Lacquer to make them stand out.
Finally I attached some lace and ribbon at the bottom with Crystal Lacquer and Tiny Attacher Staples, and tied the charm on (once it dried) with some fairylike ribbon.  Tada!

~Chelsea

*Check out my blog and the Sakura Craft Design team Blog for more fun ideas*

4 comments:

  1. If only Spring would arrive. Cute tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this tag. The stamp fairy. I need that stamp and love the way you used the Crystal Lacquer on the letters. So pretty.. great job..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute tag! Cool how you used the Crystal Lacquer as a glaze.....clever girl you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals. Karen- the photo doesn't do it justice, it has a really cool and very thick, glossy effect, I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete