Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Outline Stickers Meet Crystal Lacquer

Outline stickers and Sakura Hobby Craft 3D Crystal Lacquer are a marriage made in heaven. I’ve been having so much fun with these two products. One projects just seem to lead to another—with no end in sight!!

Since I’m always into jewelry, this first project came quite naturally. For my butterfly pin I adhered a black outline sticker from Sparkraft Enterprises onto heavy cardstock and fussy cut around the sticker. Then, the fun part–decorating each segment with colored 3D Crystal Lacquer. After the lacquer dried I used clear crystal lacquer to set the rhinestones along each wing. Because Sakura crystal lacquer remains flexible when it’s dry I was able to gently shape the wings before adhering a pin finding to the back to the butterfly.

Butterfly PIn

My next project is one of my favorite Christmas ornaments—a 3D angel. I cut the angel from white cardstock using Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) software and my Cricut Personal.

3DAngel

Next I embellished the scallops of the angel’s hem with Sparkraft outline stickers. I added a bead of colored crystal lacquer to the center of each sticker and a accentuated her halo with gold metallic crystal lacquer.

3DAngel-Detail

The angel comes to life when you bring the right and left sides together and hold in place with brads. Here’s the SVG file for the angel. Have fun embellishing her with 3D Crystal Lacquer!

3DAngel-Standing

My last project was a suncatcher. I measured the outline sticker and cut a piece of acetate allowing half inch margins on each side. I adhered the sticker to the front of the acetate and applied colored 3D crystal lacquer to the reverse side of the acetate. I pierced a hole in the top center of the suncatcher for a length of transparent fishline to suspend this ornament on one of my studio windows.

SunCatcher

Check out my Create & Craft blog for more ideas and projects.

2 comments:

  1. love what you did with these sticker and Crystal Lacquer... Great projects...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the suncatcher ! what a great idea---I thought it was a pendant using those microscope slides! Terri is right--- come check these crafts out!! inspirational food for crafting!

    ReplyDelete