Sunday, July 17, 2011

Painted Poinsettia!


Hello All,

I got a new stamp Poinsettia Stem from Memory Box and couldn't wait to use the Sakura Hobby Craft Colored Crystal Lacquers on it! The way I see it, July is the best time to start making Christmas cards...that way I have a chance at getting them done in time!

First I stamped the image in Versamark ink on a shimmered paper and used our Stamp Addict Mirror Gold Embossing Powder and heat embossed the image!

Then I waited till it dried and cut out the image along the outside of the embossing lines. You want to color in the image with the Colored Crystal Lacquer first then cut it out after it dries, it makes it easier to color the image!

I then popped the image onto my yellow cardstock with foam pop-dots and stamped the sentiment stamp (another new image from Memory Box) on the bottom right corner of the card.

I hope you like the final results. I love the way the shimmer from the original paper shows through the crystal lacquer in the image.

Keep watching my blog for other card ideas!

Jennifer Van Pelt
-The Stamp Addict

1 comment: