Thursday, August 25, 2011

Quick and Easy Crystal Lacquer Charms

I'm sharing with you today 2 quick and easy charms ideas. Gift giving season is quickly approaching and with a bottle of 3D Crystal Lacquer, a package or 2 of Glass Tiles, Bales and Ball Chain Necklaces and a little imagination you can pretty much take care of several gifts in just a short amount of time.
For this first charm, I applied a thing layer of Crystal Color Lacquer on the back of the glass tile. The glass tiles DO have a right and wrong side. The back has a slight texture to it and isn't as shiny. I let this dry overnight. For the initial - I used a permanent black marker on white cardstock, let it dry and used Crystal Lacquer to glue the tile (colored side down) over the initial. Again I let this dry overnight, then trimmed around the glass tile. On the back, I glued some typed words and gave it a coat of Crystal Lacquer....let that dry and added the bale.
For this second charm, I stamped an image onto the back of the Glass Tile and used Crystal Lacquer to glue the tile onto printed scrapbooking paper. After it was dry, I trimmed around the edges and wrapped metal foil tape around it to give it a soldered look. I added some printed words on the back and gave it a good coat of Crystal Lacquer. When it had dried overnight, I added the bale.
String the completed charms on a ball chain necklace and ta da!
Find more ideas and tips for Crystal Lacquer and the jewelry findings used here at
And you can follow my blog at

Until next time......stay creative!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! They will make great gifts for Christmas or birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Terri! I really like them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3D Crystal lacquer is a new kind of craft to enhance your jewelry and art with 3-dimensional effects. It is really a fun a creating this gift for your friends and family. Thanks a lot.

    Crystal Awards

    ReplyDelete