Thursday, September 8, 2011

Give Your Layouts Their Own Jewelry!



I love making my own embellishments for my projects, and usually that means flowers or rosettes, but I decided I love to wear jewelry, and I'm sure my layouts would like a little bling of their own. So, I'm going to show you how to make a very Nouveau inspired page jewelry.





Step 1. Run a small piece of craft copper through your Cuttlebug with and embossing folder.


Step 2. Cut a scrap of cardboard to the desired size and shape of your finished medallion.
Add Scor-tape to the back.


Step 3. Wrap your metal around the cardboard and adhere with the Scor-tape.


Step 4. Add some color by swiping over the raised areas with Staz-On ink. Let dry, and then cover the entire tile with Sakura 3-d Crystal Lacquer. Let dry completely.



Step 5. Take a round jewelry finding and back it with a patterned paper of your choice. Don't worry about this being to precise, the edges will be covered over, with a border of the Metallic Gold Crystal Lacquer.
Step 6. Add a chipboard motif to the center of your pendant. Then, completely fill in using the Clear Crystal Lacquer. Take a toothpick, and pull a little bit of the gold to the center, so that it is not such a well defined border. Allow to dry, and glue to the tile piece. You are now ready to add this to any project that you would like!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and nifty jewelry made with your lacquer and metal!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually buy jewelry from Malls and Claire's, but when I buy online it's usually from ebay because something always seems to happen resulting in me not getting it when I try other online stores.
    rings vintage

    ReplyDelete