Monday, November 21, 2011

Repurposed Soup Cans!

I love this time of year, when the temperatures drop, and soup is a satisfying meal for my family!
(Secretly, please don't tell... I just love to repurpose the soup cans, I really don't care about the soup!)

I started with book pages, neatly cut them to fit my can and used Crystal Lacquer to adhere the pages to the can.


Then, I found a rub-on that was perfect for the can! So, I carefully rubbed it on, ensuring the rub-on would take on the shape of the can.


Then I sealed the rub-on with Crystal Lacquer, and I actually covered the whole can in Crystal Lacquer!


I love the finish. How shiny it is, and how smooth it is to the touch!


This project was pretty simple. I'm not sure what I'll do with the can just yet... 
I was thinking it would make a great flower pot. Or pencil/pen holder. 
Great place to put my five thousand pairs of scissors that I can never seem to find!! :)


For this project I used five products; book pages, a rub-on, tulle, a soup can, and Crystal Lacquer!

I've also made a a card using a Some Odd Girl digital stamp.
I've colored balloons with Copics. 
Then coated the balloons with Crystal Lacquer to make them look more realistic! 


To see detailed photos of the card, check out my blog!

Happy Monday crafty friends!!

1 comment: