Monday, December 26, 2011

Celebrate the New Years with Drink Charms by Sakura!

For this project you will need:
Accent Gems [glass blobs]
decorative paper of your choice [two side is not necessary.
22 guage wire and rosary pliers
Sakura Hobby Crafts 3D Crystal Lacquer
a tin [I upcycled a BB container]
accent beads to match your paper [I made my own]

I adhered the glass blobs to my paper using Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer.



I trimmed the glass blobs out of the paper
I fashioned a figure 8 out of wire using rosary pliers
I attached the figure 8 to the back of the marble with E-6000
for extra strong hold.
I then added a coordinating piece of paper to the back of the
blob--pre-trimming where the paper lined up with the finding.

I then trimmed the remaining paper from the blob. lightly
sanded the edges and applied Crystal Lacquer to the back.
To make the rings for the charms, I wrapped wire around a form
that would be perfect for the glass stems [a nail polish top]

I used my rosary pliers again to make a hook and loop--if
you plan to use small beads to decorate, you need to add them
now before making both ends so that they can easily slide on.


I pre-cut a matching paper to fit the lid of the tin. Attach
to tin with Crystal Lacquer.
I coated the lid with more Crystal Lacquer to have a snazzy tin
to house the drink charms.
I made paper beads to match using the technique I showed 
you in my last post. This time I used my ½" bead template 
to create the beads. I have made it available for you to 
download, as well as a ¾" bead template.

Now, attach to your stemware to indicate
which glass is yours!
This works for mugs too!
Thanks for looking! May your New Year be filled with crafty goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment