Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer Gourd Bowl



I’m going to show you a very simple but beautiful bowl that I created out of a gourd, Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer and Sakura Yuzen Paper. To begin with you must clean the outside of your gourd, cut it open and clean the inside and you are ready to start. These are the supplies that I used:
100_3620                   100_3621
One thing I failed to get in the picture is the gold trim that I used for around the top. It was so simple to do, I brushed the Crystal Lacquer onto the gourd and applied strips of paper on top of it. Once I covered the gourd, I went over it with Crystal Lacquer to seal it and then glued the gold trim around the top. Here’s the final result:
100_3623          100_3624
Isn’t this a beautiful bowl? I love the designs on the Yuzen paper. It is actually paper that is handmade and printed in China for Sakura. There are several designs in one package and it can be purchased from Sakura. The Crystal Lacquer puts a wonderful finish on it also. Now I used a gourd because I had one handy that was round, but you could cover glass, plastic, etc. to make your bowl. You should give this project a try because you get almost immediate gratification. Do you like it? Let me know, I would love to hear from you.
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment