Saturday, March 23, 2013

Faux Patina on Canvas Mixed Media With Terri Sproul Mixers



Hello, Peggy here, today I am sharing my version of a faux patina
look made with Terri Sproul Shimmer Mixers on 10x10' Canvas.

 For the entire Month of March
Terri Sproul Mixer Shimmer Mica Color Sets are on Sale 20% off .
Just use the code "Shimmer03"
at checkout!
 
 A list of items I used today are,
Terri Sproul Shimmers Mixers
in these colors:
Green
Tanzanite
Purple
Smokey Quartz
Violet
Citrine
3D Crystal Lacquer
Rubbing Alcohol
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
 
I prepped my canvas with my mixed media supplies
glued down and painted with white gesso.
Then I was ready to paint with Terri Sproul Mixers.
I thought it would be interesting to see how these
 mixers would perform with a spray gun.
 
I prepared my mixers for the gun with Alcohol. I filled separate
containers three quarters full and added the smallest amount of
mixers to see how the mixers would look.
 Once I was satisfied with the color I prepped my gun
with smaller amounts of color on a scrap
paper before spraying on my canvas.


I heat set between each color.
 
 Mixed up a little green mixer.
 
 
As I was trying to achieve different colors
 I mixed the shimmer mixer colors together.
 
Lastly I sprayed the edges with
Tattered Angels Cork Glimmer Mist.
Here are my final images.
 
 
My final picture shows the vintage lady with Terri Sproul Mixers
mixed with 3D Crystal Lacquer painted on her hair.
 
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial as much as I enjoyed making it!
 
You can find Terri Sproul Shimmer Mica Powder Mixers at the
Sakura Hobby Craft Website

4 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! I am LOVING all the creative ideas you all are giving me! THANKS so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool, Peggy. I want to make one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete