Monday, March 11, 2013

Shimmered Vintage Paper Flower & Chipboard

Hi everyone! I am Dale Anne Potter.
I am part of the new Sakura Hobby Craft
Design Team and I am excited to share with you my first project.
This is my first time using these wonderful products
and I have to say it was AWESOME!


A list of items I used today:  

Die cut (by a friend) vintage paper flowers
vintage button
rhinestone
chipboard letters
hot glue & gun
small paint brush
baby wipe
3D Crystal Lacquer
 Terri Sproul's Shimmer Mica Color Set
-Tanzanite
-Citrine


 I have had these vintage paper die cut flowers for a couple years and wanted to use them for a project, and felt they might be too fragile.  I received the box of Sakura products late last week, so thought this would be a good test for me. 

I was warned that you need very little of the shimmer mica powders. I squeezed out a quarter size of the 3D Crystal Lacquer, then sprinkled the Tanzanite mica powders and mixed with a small paint brush. What I really like is that the 3D Crystal Lacquer is washable. I wanted the shimmer and the lacquer to strengthen the vintage paper and it worked.  Each section of the flower was done individually, spread out to dry, then layered together with hot glue. They are very pliable.
The centre Citrine mica powder was not only painted onto the vintage paper but the little vintage button as well.  I had some of the citrine left and lightly brushed around the centre. I used baby wipe to clean off my craft sheet.
 
 The chipboard letters were already coloured, I just added the #D Crystal Lacquer on top of them once they were glued onto my flip mini album.


 I am VERY pleased with how the flower turned out with shimmer & very pliable.
And don't forget to get Your Terri Sproul Shimmer Mixers
@ 20% off from Now until 31/03/13
When you use the code "Shimmer03" at check out.You can purchase HERE.

The finished above project is my latest FREEBIE Tutorial.  
You can read more info HERE.

10 comments: