Sunday, March 17, 2013

Shimmering Cupcake

Hi everyone! 
I am having so much FUN, seeing how these wonderful products
work with all kinds of mediums!


A list of items I used today on the following card:  

Cardstock
rubber stamp sentiment
dye ink
craft foam
textured wallpaper
rickrack
asst. beads
craft glue
wooden stir stik
3D Crystal Lacquer
ROSE Shimmer Mica Color

I have been working on a few cards for the rest of this month and early April birthdays. I have challenged myself this year to use up paper scraps in my drawer bin and in that bin is a pile of textured wallpaper scraps and decided to use one of the samples.
I poured alittle 3D Crystal Lacquer onto the wallpaper sample, then used a wooden stir stik to scoop out the Rose Shimmer Mica (have you seen how LITTLE of the colour you need?) and then mix it all together right on the wallpaper.  I, sadly, had enough to colour 2 samples - well, really not sad but I have to remember how far this goes!

 I used a paper scrap to cut the icing part of a cupcake, then cut out the coloured wallpaper.  Before it dried totally, I added some micro mini beads.

 To layer the coloured cupcake icing onto the card, I had to use 3 layers of craft foam under it.
The bottom of the cupcake was cardstock folded accordion style.  I added a scrap of rickrack to the accordion part. I used a teal dye ink to stamp the sentiment below the cupcake on the cardstock.
I am happy with how the 3D Crystal Lacquer & Shimmer Mica Color coloured the textured wallpaper, makes it almost edible!

And don't forget to get Your Terri Sproul Shimmer Mixers
@ 20% off from Now until 31/03/13
When you use the code "Shimmer03" at check out.You can purchase HERE.

4 comments:

  1. how fun, cool, love the bead work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS Lee! I wanted those longer skinny ones, but I went with these instead as I might have used those all up.

    ReplyDelete