Sunday, April 7, 2013

Live, Love, and Create Canvas using Crystal Color Lacquer

I love it when I get to play with new products, and I love it even more when it's something that was fun to create.  My project for this month, is what I call Live, Love, Create using Sakura Hobby Craft Crystal Color Lacquer.

The Crystal Color Lacquer are very easy to use and not to mention gives any project such as my Live, Love, Create Canvas a cool 3 Dimensional touch.

To create this canvas I played with various things, which is while I love playing with mixed media, because you can play with different textures, tools, paints, and always get an awesome project. What I loved the most about this canvas is that I was able to use scrapbooking paper by SusieBee Studios and implement the Crystal Color Lacquer to give the flowers an awesome 3D affect.

Now you can use different medias to get this affect, but here is what I did:

Materials Used by Sakura Hobby Craft:
Other Materials Used:
  • Mod Podge
  • SusieBee Live Studio Collection
  • Drawing Pad
  • Buttons Galore & More - Buttons
  • Swirl Stamp
  • ColorBox - Lipstick Red Inkpad
  • Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints
  • Hot Glue
  • Zig Memory Marker
  • Paint Brushes
  • Gesso
  • Daler Rowney 8 x 11 canvas
  • Prisma Watercolor pencils
Step One:
Gather all your supplies


Step Two:
Once you have all your supplies gathered, you can then apply Gesso to your canvas.  I used a Daler Rowney Canvas, but any canvas would do just as good.



Step Three:
Once your Gesso is dried you can use scrap pieces of paper to apply to your canvas.  I used Mod Podge to adhere my scrap to the canvas.

Step Four:
Paint your canvas with various colors of acrylic Paint of your choice.  Try using colors that will blend well with your scraps that you will be using.  To give my canvas a Shimmer, I mixed a little of Terri Sproul's shimmer mixers with a drop of Crystal Lacquer to the acrylic paint, just don't use too much lacquer just a drop will do.

Step Five:
If you know how to draw you can draw a little girl just like the one I drew below.  I just cut her out once I finished and applied directly to the canvas with Mod Podge.  Let this all dry before you begin coloring her in.


Step Six:
Now once you have your girl in place you can begin to color her in with Prisma Watercolor pencils.  I outlined her with a Zig Memory Marker and then I applied a little of the Crystal Color Lacquer to her flowers that she has both on her hair and hands.

Step Seven:
I cut out flowers from SusieBee Studio paper collection and adhered to my canvas using Mod Podge. 


Step Eight:
I used a swirl stamp and begin stamping the canvas in random patterns.  I used Colorbox Lipstick Red ink for the stamping.  Once I had that I also used the Crystal Color Lacquer and painted a stem to the flower.  
Try letting the Crystal Color Lacquer dry before you do alot of stamping, because otherwise you may smudge your project.

Step Nine:
I used Buttons Galore & More Buttons for the center of my flowers that give it a more dimensional feel as well.  I topped it off with the Crystal Color Lacquer.

Step Ten:
Once you are all done you have an amazing piece that will definitely wow anyone.

I hope you enjoyed this project.  Be sure to take advantage of Sakura Hobby Craft's Coupon for your Crystal Lacquer use the code Terri04 for your 20% OFF!!!!














4 comments:

  1. Love the drawing , the colors are perfect together! Great Tutorial, TFS
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT Job! The drawing is AWESOME! THANKS so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really really pretty, wtg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came for a second look, I really like your work.

    ReplyDelete