Saturday, August 10, 2013

Chipped Tile

Chipped Tile

 
What my desire was when I started creating this piece, was to use up my Terri Sproul Mixers chips. Now these chips were made over many months, but could be made in an hour. They are the leftovers of Mixers and 3D Crystal Lacquer that were stuck on my work mat at the end of every project. I peeled them off and saved them, hoping for an idea to come together to use them. Thus the following project was the perfect time to use some of these chips up. At the start of this project I had no idea what direction I would go in. I let this piece create itself. I know that sounds weird. But my only starting point was the tile and the chips. I just let the creativity flow after that. I hope you like it.
 
 
I took a domino tile and started layering on the paint chips. Now I'm really glad I did it this way, because if I had just painted on the colors, I would have had to wait for each color to dry or I would have had some blended colors. Blah, I didn't want that!
I used the 3D Crystal Lacquer to adhere the chips to the tile.


 
When I had the chips where I wanted them and everything was dry, I started putting on my rub-ons. I did try to use rubber stamps and Stazon ink, but I found the rub-ons were much easier to use. And had a crisper image.

 I used the 3D Crystal Lacquer to attach the necklace bail.
 
I'm very happy with the result of this pendant. It holds a lot of meaning to me and will ever be a reminder of the life I've led for 18 yrs. I do want to sand some edges and smooth this out a bit more. I will add a couple more layers of the 3D Crystal Lacquer to finish it completely.
 
You can find the products I used for this piece at http://www.sakuracraft.com/index.htm
and don't forget to use code - to receive 20% off your next order.
Aug08
 
Thanks for following me here at Sakura Hobby Crafts.


2 comments:

  1. AWESOME tile Lee & I let my projects dictate how they go also....not weird at all. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete